Couples Coaching Retreats
with Chris Rosenthal , M.S., LMHC, C.HT
Who would benefit?
Any couple that would like to take their relationship to a deeper level,
- wanting to let go of old hurts and to heal the past
- experience being heard and understood by each other
- enhancing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- exploring how peace and harmony can be the norm
- bring more fun and joy into their relationship
- finding how their personality types match using the MBTI
How long does a couples retreat need to be?
- As little as two days or as long as one week
What happens at a couples coaching retreat?
- Couples attend a series during their stay of their own private couple coaching sessions, each lasting 1.5 to 2 hours
- Couples are given assignments especially designed for them as individuals and as a couple, during their private time
- There are no spectator distractions such as tv, but there are card games and such
- Couples are encouraged to have interactive experiences together such as hiking the trails, walking the fieldstone labyrinth, meditating at whimsical meditation, exploring the overhanging rocks, following the creek and fieldstone fences, having a campfire under a starry nite sky, or in the winter building a snowman, cross-country skiing, and following the deer and rabbit tracks.
- Ancillary services may be available such as Reiki treatments, massage, or guided meditation.
What can couple expect from the coach?
- Providing a feeling of safety and trust in the coaching relationship
- Flexibility to work within time and budget constraints of the couple
- assisting in evaluating what has been working and what does not work
- Identifying what no longer serves you as a couple and providing an avenue and direction for achieving harmony and happiness
- Creativity for your own personal relationship’s healing and renewal
What can couples expect as a result of their couples coaching retreat?
- Improving your ability to attain true emotional intimacy
- Increasing your ability to talk and listen with one another more openly and honestly
- Releasing a need for one to be right and the other to be wrong
- Strengthening your ability to resolve issues as a cooperative team
- Creating a new vision for yourselves as a couple
What is the cost?
The cost of the lodging fee depends on your choice of lodging and the length of your stay. See the reservations page. The coaching fee is $125 per hour. A couple can work anywhere from 3 hours to 9 hours during a 2-night stay, with the norm being 7 hours of coaching.
Meals are not provided. Your chalet or yurt has a fully equipped kitchen. We will also tell you where the good restaurants are and how you can order meals from a nearby farm.
Who is the coach?
Chris Rosenthal, M.S., LMHC, C.HT, Reiki Master and Co-Owner of Harmony Hill.
Chris had a full time private psychotherapy practice in Orlando, Florida, until she came to upstate New York to start a retreat center. Working with couples is one of her specialties. She believes that we bring our old beliefs, past experiences, and learned behaviors into our present relationships. And the only way to live in the present is to heal and release what no longer serves us. She also believes that we communicate defensively or offensively rather than seeking to understand and assertively and authentically sharing our thoughts and feelings. Chris’ philosophy is that we each have the ability to change, to develop, to create, the lives we wish to live, and she knows that in that we have no limitations. All that is required is a willingness to want harmony over discord, respect over control, and compassion over chaos. Chris will assist couples in assessing and achieving their intentions.
[ back to top ]
“Chris, your energy and brilliance was so helpful and completely unexpected. You are wonderful. Your philosophy on therapy was on point!!”
–Lina R. and Angela C.
“Chris, I can’t thank you enough for what you did with us this weekend. I think we are both excited and nervous to see what happens next but are confident we can face it together–thanks to you……..”
–Tom and Anne P.
“Thank you for your careful coaching, being gentle with both of us and guiding us to a deeper understanding of each other. We…..are excited to move forward in the world together; more deeply connected with a new sense of playfulness. Both of us are enjoying the newness–the lightness of connection.”
–Deena and Mark M.
“Chris, you are truly an angel among us. Your patient and authentic approach was exactly what we needed. Regardless of where we end up as a couple, we need to be able to communicate. You provided us with the tools to do that.”
–Toni and Eric B.
“A++ couples coaching = Awesome. A must for all relationships! Can improve any relationship. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts. We look forward to next time.”
— Nick and Christy
“We have been doing great ever since our sessions with you. We both took everything that you taught us and applied it in our daily life together, and the results have been excellent – our communication has improved tremendously. That, and the clarity that you gave us about our individual ‘issues’ has been very helpful to resolve old problems and help prevent new problems from cropping up.
We can only begin to thank you and we submit our deepest appreciation for all that you have imparted to us in such a deeply soulful, spiritual, and compassionate way – thank you, Teacher and Friend”
— Mark K
“we got more out of one weekend of therapy with Chris than 5 months at home”
— Josh and Diane P.
“I don’t want to go home! A no stress weekend. It was Awesome! After sessions with Chris, my husband and I have the tools to function better in the”real world”–we will be back!”
— Katy and Tim G
“We loved our experience at Harmony Hill. We were looking for a place that would allow us to do some individual soul searching a well as find ways to become more emotionally connected as a couple. Having been together for 17 years and looking to get married, this was especially important to us. As a lesbian couple, we didn’t think finding a place to go would be an issue, although we were actually turned down at one place because of being gay. Working with Chris is amazing.
She certainly understands that our desire to enrich our relationship transcends any lifestyle boundaries. Chris makes you feel instantly at ease and comfortable to begin working together. She has truly created a sanctuary of peace in the Catskills. Our chalet was nice and cozy and the surroundings were beautiful. We look forward to returning.”
— Shelly & Browning
“Dear Chris, thank you for a wonderful, eye opening experience this past weekend. We definitely will use a lot of the suggestions you gave us. It was great meeting you: our hours together just really flew; you are genuinely good at what you do. We connected to you pretty much immediately and felt at home and definitely comfortable opening up to you and chatting the way we did. We are gonna hang in there and use the tools we learned at Harmony Hill….”
— Fran & Ed
“Chris is hip, and a professional who knows her business well.”
— Debra & Jeff
“Dear Chris, the couples coaching retreat was just what we needed to take our relationship from boredom and complacency to a newfound excitement. Thanks. We’ll be back for more…”
— Jim & Cheryl
“…Dear Chris…we are back to our routine and we can’t stop thinking of the rich experience we’ve had at the Harmony Hill. We thank you for the precious learnings during our weekend at Harmony Hill. We are deeply grateful for your patience and your authenticity during the moments we spent with you at The Hill. We valued every discussion with you and we will apply the tools we learned in our daily interactions. Kind regards and best wishes….”
— R and N
“I just wanted to say thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for helping us. I know me and my wife have a lot more healing to do and a lot of work to do, but we couldn’t have gotten this far with out you. Thank You.”
“Chris’ honesty and non-judgmental approach to counseling was exactly what we needed.”
–Michael and Gwen C.
[ back to top ]